February 2020 News
Weld Re-8 Early Childhood Program
Happy February! In just a few short days, we will enter the third and final trimester of the school year. We have been so fortunate to partner with you and to have the opportunity to grow and learn with your student. This month, we finish our Winter assessment checkpoint, and we will have individual family conferences for each student. We are excited to share your student’s progress with you, to plan forward for the remainder of the school year, and to discuss transition for our students who are kindergarten bound next year. If you have not already scheduled a conference for your child and family, please contact your child’s teacher. As always, we thank you for your engagement and collaboration! Our Preschool Families are wonderful!
Preschool Roundup, February 12th & 13th
Preschool Roundup for the 2020-2021 school year will be held on February 12th and 13th from 4 PM to 8 PM each evening at 200 South Fulton Avenue. Families of children who will be three or four on or before August 1st are encouraged to drop by to complete a preschool application. Families of returning students must complete an updated application for 2020-2021. Please watch the website for more.
- It is important for students to come to school on time and be picked up on time. For your child’s safety, a parent/guardian or adult eighteen (18) years or older who has been authorized in writing by the parent/guardian must sign your child in and out. At least one piece of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or state identification, must be available for inspection by Preschool staff to ensure that the person is authorized to pick up the child. Please stop by the main office if you need to make updates to your child’s list of authorized persons and please make sure that you and anyone you authorize to pick up your child brings photo identification.
- The District and Preschool program use School Messenger® to send text messages with important program and district updates. To participate, text “Y” or “Yes” to our short code number, 67587. To opt out at any time, reply “Stop” to any of our messages.
- Little Trappers Preschool is on Facebook. Please like us!
- February 4th: No School for Preschool Students
- Parent Teacher Conferences and a Book Fair will be held on February 10th between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM and on February 12th and February 13th between 4 PM and 8 PM
- February 14th: No School for Preschool Students—Teacher Work Day
- February 17th: District Closed-NO SCHOOL
- March 20th-27th: Spring Break
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld Re-8 School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld Re-8 School District: 200 South Fulton, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, email@example.com This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by Federal and State law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message.